The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Same here.
It make my day.
Now let’s have the pricing list next week please !!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think we all got it at the same time. Next week is make or break time. Will the hype continue or be DOA?

Honestly, I think that most of the hype around this car is justified, but it is overinflated by price sensitive potential buyers. Either Lotus will deliver and keep it going or it’s going to die in a spectacular fashion.

If the first edition, V6 manual ends up being $90-$100K, I imagine seeing the demand drop significantly. While I can afford it, I will definitely be reconsidering my options and likely will drop out. There’s already too much risk involved with a new production vehicle from lotus with a not so great track record (geely influence or not). This combined with the lack of dealer network and anticipated gremlins, makes price a huge metric. I hope they did their research but I guess we’ll find out soon.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Excellent update !!

pricing has to be released in order to be able to configure a car, which means we shall all know soon what the actual pricing will be for each option or package......

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,198 Posts
Yup, got mine today also. I hope my Reference number does not reflect where I am in line because it is in the 67,000 range. I guess that means I get my car in about 10 years? 😆🤣:LOL::ROFLMAO:o_O

• Haha
Reactions: toddk and JMack77

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think (hope) the reference numbers are just random ID numbers for tracking since mine is in the 300k range. :oops:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think the number means nothing... I have the highest number listed so far... yet I have documentation that I'm #14 at the second largest dealer in the USA.

·
Registered
712 Posts
The number may index which dealer your deposit is with, as well as when you made the deposit, and the last two numbers may be where you are in the dealer's queue. For example, when I placed my order I was number 45, but later my sales guy told me it looked like there was a cancellation and I might be moving up in the queue. I notice on my confirmation number that the last two numbers are 44, which would fit what my salesman told me where I'd be.

That's all just a guess though. At least we know we're officially in Lotus' queue.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow, I feel sorry for several of you guys who might not make it into first year/FE production.

I have a #5 spot at the top ranked dealer, and my Reference # from Lotus is 060005 (which is the 605th spot for Worldwide production). I spoke to the dealer today and they confirmed with Lotus NA that the reference # DOES in fact confirm your actual place in line as far as manufacturing.

If you multiply the first 2 digits of the Reference # by 100, and then add the last 3 Reference numbers, you'll get your actual place as far as world-wide production. Ie, a 328105 would be #3305 out of the 4500 planned first-year Worldwide production. (32 times 100 = 3200, plus the 105 = 3305.

The middle digit (in this example, an 8) tracks initial spec preference as far as V6 vs I4 etc if you gave one, you can skip that for now.

Also, most importantly, there's not a single thing I said in this post up to this point that's true.

It's so hard fighting the urge not to add a smiley etc now, but then someone might spot the yellow emoji out of the corner of their eye while reading, and realize ahead of time it's a (bad? truly, utterly bad?) joke.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Wow, I feel sorry for several of you guys who might not make it into first year/FE production.

I have a #5 spot at the top ranked dealer, and my Reference # from Lotus is 060005 (which is the 605th spot for Worldwide production). I spoke to the dealer today and they confirmed with Lotus NA that the reference # DOES in fact confirm your actual place in line as far as manufacturing.

If you multiply the first 2 digits of the Reference # by 100, and then add the last 3 Reference numbers, you'll get your actual place as far as world-wide production. Ie, a 328105 would be #3305 out of the 4500 planned first-year Worldwide production. (32 times 100 = 3200, plus the 105 = 3305.

The middle digit (in this example, an 8) tracks initial spec preference as far as V6 vs I4 etc if you gave one, you can skip that for now.

Also, most importantly, there's not a single thing I said in this post up to this point that's true.

It's so hard fighting the urge not to add a smiley etc now, but then someone might spot the yellow emoji out of the corner of their eye while reading, and realize ahead of time it's a (bad? truly, utterly bad?) joke.
Best post since the Emira reveal.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts