The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think we all got it at the same time. Next week is make or break time. Will the hype continue or be DOA?

Honestly, I think that most of the hype around this car is justified, but it is overinflated by price sensitive potential buyers. Either Lotus will deliver and keep it going or it’s going to die in a spectacular fashion.

If the first edition, V6 manual ends up being $90-$100K, I imagine seeing the demand drop significantly. While I can afford it, I will definitely be reconsidering my options and likely will drop out. There’s already too much risk involved with a new production vehicle from lotus with a not so great track record (geely influence or not). This combined with the lack of dealer network and anticipated gremlins, makes price a huge metric. I hope they did their research but I guess we’ll find out soon.
How could it NOT be at least that much $$?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did anyone who put a deposit with Boardwalk Lotus of Redwood City get an email or inquire about this? I texted Tom a couple times over the weekend with screenshots of the email shared by others in posts. No response yet but I wonder if enough of us poke him that might push him to respond.
I got my sequence number after placing my order with Tom…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.