The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
The real question is whether Lotus dealers will figure out a way to move your build spot up or down based solely on their greed... like they always have done.

This should be fun to watch.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
The way some did it with the Elise launch was if someone ahead of you in line dropped out, they wouldn’t move everybody up a slot, the dealership would claim that spot as theirs and sell it as they saw fit, usually at a markup. The ‘better’ ones would go down the line to see if anyone was willing to pay to move up. Some would simply sell to anyone, in line or not, willing to pay.

A number of people are in line for the Emira, dreaming the car will be $65k to $70k, and will drop out when reality hits. Some dealers will sell THOSE slots with a markup.

I knew a few guys who were never in line for the Elise, but jumped the line and got cars ahead of people with deposits because they were willing to pay the markup.

Which is the beauty of non-sequential "reference number" scheme... the buyers don't have a clue where they stand in line. And will be at the mercy of the dealer up to the moment they sign the paperwork and receive the CoO.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Did Sooky get out of jail already?

I hope you guys are dotting the t's and crossing the i's on all this deposit paperwork.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts