The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
I’m #67 at Lotus North Jersey and received my email Friday aft. as well.
I don't think it's fair to castigate Lotus dealers for doing what every dealer does with a hot car, or ticket brokers do for hot concerts, or anything similar. That's not justifying it but what would you expect? How about x-box bundles for $900? It's supply and demand. I believe it was Enzo Ferrari who said he would build one less car than he could sell.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, 2016 SQ5, 2006 Elise (sold)
67 Posts
I don't think it's fair to castigate Lotus dealers for doing what every dealer does with a hot car, or ticket brokers do for hot concerts, or anything similar. That's not justifying it but what would you expect? How about x-box bundles for $900? It's supply and demand. I believe it was Enzo Ferrari who said he would build one less car than he could sell.
My comment in no way implied Lotus or the dealer is doing anything that isn’t on the up and up… I was simply sharing that despite my higher number in queue compared to the previous poster I too received a confirmation email.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm no. 13 at Lotus of North Jersey... ordered July 9th. I am hoping to be in the first wave of First Editions, but no email. I realized that they had a typo in my email address when they sent my initial info in to Lotus... they're updating now, so maybe I'll get future correspondences... we'll see!
Just gently nudge them... with corrections..... kindness always wins.

·
Registered
Emira on order
52 Posts
Just gently nudge them... with corrections..... kindness always wins.
Oh, 100%. They've been great! Very responsive... I wasn't worried at all about the email... they sent me a screenshot of their initial registration of the order with Lotus and I noticed the error and said "ah, that explains it". Not worried at all, and excited to begin my relationship with them... I'm fortunate to have a local dealer that's also highly regarded in the Lotus community.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh, 100%. They've been great! Very responsive... I wasn't worried at all about the email... they sent me a screenshot of their initial registration of the order with Lotus and I noticed the error and said "ah, that explains it". Not worried at all, and excited to begin my relationship with them... I'm fortunate to have a local dealer that's also highly regarded in the Lotus community.
That’s great man! I have to admit that I haven’t been excited about a car like this ever. I’ve had nice vehicles in the past but never got engaged in a community or became a part of the early adopters.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Did anyone who put a deposit with Boardwalk Lotus of Redwood City get an email or inquire about this? I texted Tom a couple times over the weekend with screenshots of the email shared by others in posts. No response yet but I wonder if enough of us poke him that might push him to respond.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, I got an email from Lotus USA and my deposit was with Boardwalk about 3 weeks ago (Tom told me I was approx #50 on his list).

Maybe your email address got typo'ed like another guy above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think we all got it at the same time. Next week is make or break time. Will the hype continue or be DOA?

Honestly, I think that most of the hype around this car is justified, but it is overinflated by price sensitive potential buyers. Either Lotus will deliver and keep it going or it’s going to die in a spectacular fashion.

If the first edition, V6 manual ends up being $90-$100K, I imagine seeing the demand drop significantly. While I can afford it, I will definitely be reconsidering my options and likely will drop out. There’s already too much risk involved with a new production vehicle from lotus with a not so great track record (geely influence or not). This combined with the lack of dealer network and anticipated gremlins, makes price a huge metric. I hope they did their research but I guess we’ll find out soon.
How could it NOT be at least that much $$?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did anyone who put a deposit with Boardwalk Lotus of Redwood City get an email or inquire about this? I texted Tom a couple times over the weekend with screenshots of the email shared by others in posts. No response yet but I wonder if enough of us poke him that might push him to respond.
I got my sequence number after placing my order with Tom…

·
Registered
579 Posts
We hope supply shortages that are hitting all manufacturers is over by the time they start building the Emira. If not they will be lucky to hit the 5000 number and have multiple shifts.

·
Premium Member
9,282 Posts
2024 is looking pretty sweet to me......................

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
606 Posts
Quick update for those, like me, who were concerned about not getting an email. I followed up with Lotus and this morning Isabelle (Relationship Manager in Hethel) was able to figure out that I was unsubscribed from emails. She resubscribed me and I got the email with a reference number! :)

Anyway, I'm not putting this out here so everyone bombards Lotus, but just to ease people's minds. If you're on a list with a dealer, you have a reference number. You may just not be subscribed to receive updates. But your dealer will be made aware and in the coming months we will be able to sit in the car and choose our options/go over pricing with the dealer, etc.

P.S. I don't think the reference number means anything, feels randomly generated.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Quick update for those, like me, who were concerned about not getting an email. I followed up with Lotus and this morning Isabelle (Relationship Manager in Hethel) was able to figure out that I was unsubscribed from emails. She resubscribed me and I got the email with a reference number! :)

Anyway, I'm not putting this out here so everyone bombards Lotus, but just to ease people's minds. If you're on a list with a dealer, you have a reference number. You may just not be subscribed to receive updates. But your dealer will be made aware and in the coming months we will be able to sit in the car and choose our options/go over pricing with the dealer, etc.

P.S. I don't think the reference number means anything, feels randomly generated.
Glad you got it sorted out.

I think the main value of the reference number is to show that Lotus is acknowledging your deposit to help them forecast how many they're going to need to produce. If they decide to put on a second shift, they need to get that process in motion now, to hire the people necessary, train them, and order more parts and assemblies. They don't want to over-buy or under-buy. For a company like Lotus, adding a second shift isn't a simple or easy proposition. The tsunami of deposits has to be both exciting and a bit terrifying for them at the same time, but it's certainly better than having little to no interest in the car.

Whether everyone realizes it or not, this is actually an historic moment; not only for Lotus, but for being the end of an era that's lasted over 100 years. Glad I'm getting to see it and be a part of it in a small way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
#9 with Boardwalk. Tom is not great with emails but very responsive if you call. Ironically I was #9 on the waitlist for my 2020 C8 with Boardwalk. It moved up to #7 and then thanks to an order screw up by GM I had to change the order from a 1LT to a 2LT (to get the front lift) which put me into a second order group and thanks to Covid and factory strikes, delayed the delivery 4 months! With the Emira I plan to get it right the first time!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don’t have any clue what number I am at my dealer, nor do I know how my dealer stands in the pecking order with Lotus but I do know that I got my confirm and reference number from Lotus ( corporate, not the dealer) back in July 14. Still waiting to touch and feel a car before I get excited.

Actually, I got a second one with the same reference number, a week ago but it was in my spam so thanks for the heads up to the OP.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ordered July 9th, #26 at dealership. No email. I messaged dealer to advise

41 - 60 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.