The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I texted my Boardwalk rep (calling has been hit or miss when he's busy) twice over the weekend then again on Wednesday when he showed me this submitted order request. He said "Order Date is the key for the list" which was somewhat relieving. But this was just an initial application that still had to be approved or denied by Lotus.
Font Paper product Brand Paper Rectangle

Late last night on lotuscars.com I found a button to live chat with a rep. I gave her the needed info and she said:
Font Number Magenta Monochrome Brand

Got this response from Isabelle early this morning:
Rectangle Font Circle Number Writing

End of business day my Boardwalk rep finally sent me this:
Font Paper Writing Number Event

Looks like the initial order request wasn't submitted until this week and required me to poke both sides (US dealer and Lotus corporate in UK) to get it started and done. Hope this puts me on the mailing list to get those direct email updates Lotus has been sending to people with orders. My dad signed up 1 spot ahead of me on Boardwalk's list but hasn't received any official confirmation docs (just waited to see a $5k charge appear on our CC statements which took multiple weeks until we called/texted) so I advised him to do all I did above.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Did Sooky get out of jail already?

I hope you guys are dotting the t's and crossing the i's on all this deposit paperwork.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is Amerika! Nobody goes to jail for white collar crimes. I heard Sooki just got a job at a different dealership. Obviously he was talented at taking deposits, a useful skill in this market. I can’t remember if it was Lotus...er...now I remember...they shut that Lotus dealership down... Well, I’ve already forgotten where I placed my deposit so I have bigger issues.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
27 Posts
I texted my Boardwalk rep (calling has been hit or miss when he's busy) twice over the weekend then again on Wednesday when he showed me this submitted order request. He said "Order Date is the key for the list" which was somewhat relieving. But this was just an initial application that still had to approved or denied by Lotus.
View attachment 1296664

Late last night on lotuscars.com I found a button to live chat with a rep. I gave her the needed info and she said:
View attachment 1296665

Got this response from Isabelle early this morning:
View attachment 1296666

End of business day my Boardwalk rep finally sent me this:
View attachment 1296668

Looks like the initial order request wasn't submitted until this week and required me to poke both sides (US dealer and Lotus corporate in UK) to get it started and done. Hope this puts me on the mailing list to get those direct email updates Lotus has been sending to people with orders. My dad signed up 1 spot ahead of me on Boardwalk's list but hasn't received any official confirmation docs (just waited to see a $5k charge appear on our CC statements which took multiple weeks until we called/texted) so I advised him to go do what I did.
Thanks for sharing this. I need to talk to the Dealership in Dallas and find out what is going on. Paid deposit 2 months ago and heard nothing.
Maybe I need to talk directly to Lotus to find out if the deposit was actually sent in.
I have heard nothing
How does one get on the direct email updated from Lotus

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I need to talk to the Dealership in Dallas and find out what is going on. Paid deposit 2 months ago and heard nothing.
Maybe I need to talk directly to Lotus to find out if the deposit was actually sent in.
I have heard nothing
I placed a deposit with Lotus Dallas and received an email from Lotus this week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Guess I need to go have a serious chat with them. Have emailed them but no response.
I would do the following: 1) make sure you have the receipt that shows you paid the deposit. On the top right will be your email address. Make sure it's correct. 2) go to the lotus usa website and sign up for "updates". I remember someone on the forum stating that you have to be signed up to receive any news or updates on the emira from the lotus website to have received a confirmation email. 3) chat with lotus usa directly. Lotus Dallas seem like good people at least my salesperson has been very responsive.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
27 Posts
I would do the following: 1) make sure you have the receipt that shows you paid the deposit. On the top right will be your email address. Make sure it's correct. 2) go to the lotus usa website and sign up for "updates". I remember someone on the forum stating that you have to be signed up to receive any news or updates on the emira from the lotus website to have received a confirmation email. 3) chat with lotus usa directly. Lotus Dallas seem like good people at least my salesperson has been very responsive.
Thanks for the input will definitely take your advice. They do seem to be good people. I bought and Evora GT from them previously.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
27 Posts
I have heard nothing
Went to the dealership on Saturday. They apparently had not sent my info to Lotus. Was told it would be done. Little frustrating as I gave them a deposit beginning of August and my card was charged immediately. Also saw they bumped me higher up on the list.
Were did you see that live chat with a lotus rep.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Went to the dealership on Saturday. They apparently had not sent my info to Lotus. Was told it would be done. Little frustrating as I gave them a deposit beginning of August and my card was charged immediately. Also saw they bumped me higher up on the list.
Were did you see that live chat with a lotus rep.
That's great! I've noticed the chat button as a pop up on the side of the lotus website when you go on it. It may only b there certain hours of the day depending on staffing. Did they by chance tell you how many deposits there were total? I'm assuming (there won't be an ADM and they'll sell at msrp (like their current evora line up). Good luck.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
27 Posts
That's great! I've noticed the chat button as a pop up on the side of the lotus website when you go on it. It may only b there certain hours of the day depending on staffing. Did they by chance tell you how many deposits there were total? I'm assuming (there won't be an ADM and they'll sell at msrp (like their current evora line up). Good luck.
From what they told me in August they had around 70 deposits. They will sell at MSRP
I managed to find the chat button and was told my info will be sent to the team and that they will check on the status or if in fact my deposit was submitted

·
Registered
56 Posts
I contacted chat, they reached out. Apparently I was unsubcribed from emails so I didn't get the confirmation email. They said I'd be getting one in the next few days

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
27 Posts
I contacted chat, they reached out. Apparently I was unsubcribed from emails so I didn't get the confirmation email. They said I'd be getting one in the next few days
I contacted chat. Great service literally within 10 minutes I received an email from Tammy at Lotus Hub telling me that my deposit I put down mid July was never received.
Told me to talk to the dealership. explained to her that I was not having any luck. About 15 minutes after that I received an email from Amber that she had also sent to the dealership
Then within another 30 minutes she emailed me letting me know that they just received the deposit and all was in order.
Three cheers to the Lotus Hub team they are great and incredibly helpful

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I placed the deposit back in July, I did not specify a color, engine or transmission preference. It was just a deposit to get in line. All configurations were to be made once details are released in September. It makes me confused when people say that they placed a deposit for a specific color or engine configuration. Did I miss something??

·
Registered
Emira on order
47 Posts
When I placed the deposit back in July, I did not specify a color, engine or transmission preference. It was just a deposit to get in line. All configurations were to be made once details are released in September. It makes me confused when people say that they placed a deposit for a specific color or engine configuration. Did I miss something??
The initial deposits were placed with a saved configuration from the configurator... seemingly so Lotus could get an idea of the metrics of orders coming in. We were told we weren't locked in on the colors or anything and that we would be selecting options once the order was able to be placed. This is what Ray from North Jersey Lotus explained to me. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The initial deposits were placed with a saved configuration from the configurator... seemingly so Lotus could get an idea of the metrics of orders coming in. We were told we weren't locked in on the colors or anything and that we would be selecting options once the order was able to be placed. This is what Ray from North Jersey Lotus explained to me. Hope this helps!
Thank you. Appreciate the clarity.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts