The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been an Elise owner for 20 months, and have been a guest, shall we say, at Gonzaba Service for, oh, about 20 months.

In that period of time I have seen not just one change of management, but four sets of service managers and front desk guys. All have been friendly, but none have been quite satisfactory. Until now.

I am happy, proud, and relieved to say, that Gonzaba Service's new manager Joe S has been great to work with. Joe came from a Vegas Porsche dealership where he had worked for over a decade, and now he is here in San Antonio cleaning things up. He shows an interest in learning about our cars, getting to the bottom of issues and is great at communicating what is going on in the shop.

I stopped by today to check on my car and drop something off, and, I kid you not, for the first time in about 20 visits, he was able to lay his hands on my file and knew exactly what was going on! Usually I have to remind the folks there AT LEAST three times over the course of my car's hospitalization what they are supposed to be doing.

I can sum this up by saying, THANK YOU to the service team there, and specifically to Joe S, and George Gonzaba.

Btw, if you're reading this George, whatever you do, whatever happens, PLEASE retain this man!

Joe (N) :up:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you Joseph.

Yes, we have gone through changes in our service department. My original service manager who was with me since 1999 fell horribly ill and had to retire. I've been through several service managers who just couldn't "fit the bill," until now. Joe Stubblefield has plenty of hi line experience and knows cars, in fact he races Porsches and is taking an Elise this weekend to an autocross. Rest assured Joseph, I will do everything in my power to keep him here in our family.
Thank you for the nice comments.

George

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Great to hear. I had my car in a few times this week and Seth was very helpful as well. I'll be at the autocross this weekend; looking forward to seeing Joe there. :up:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks everyone for the kind and welcoming words. I feel we have made great strides in the few weeks I have been at Gonzaba's in their service department. We had a few personel issues that have been resolved and feel we can move forward at this point. The crew now is Seth, Assistant Manager, Jeannine, Parts, Otto, Lead Tech, Justin Tech and Rubin, Porter and Tech in training. I am extremely proud of all these people and due their hard work and willing to learn and take care of our customers cars will be our success.
Within the next few weeks I would like all the South Texas Lotus owners to give me or Seth a call so we can get all the campaigns updated on your vehicles, or any other concerns you have.
I have raced Porsches over the years but working around the Lotus product gets me excited about a real and true sports car again. In learning more about the cars the more I get excited about how much of a true race car it is.
Thanks again and look forward to meeting all Lotus owners in the South Texas area.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great to hear. I had my car in a few times this week and Seth was very helpful as well. I'll be at the autocross this weekend; looking forward to seeing Joe there. :up:
I actually saw your car there when I dropped it off. I was going to leave you a note on it, but I thought it would be a little. "stalkerish" :D

Sorry I missed the auto-x on sunday, was on call. Hope to see you the next time i can get out there.

Btw, I'm getting the ACT clutch and Fidanza flywheel installed right now and can't wait to try it out. :D!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Warranty

Will the warranty be voided or will he still be able to service it :rolleyes:
Taking your Elise to the autocross will not void the warranty. What may void the warranty is abuse and Lotus has guidelines on that. This is why authorized Lotus service departments are able to track your driving habits by the Lotus computer they use to connect your car with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts