The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the early cars, there were a number of Starshield problems reported (bubbles, orange peel, poor surface preparation, etc.). I was wondering how the quality of the most recent deliveries has been. (Say, mid November and later.)

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Isn't the orange peel due to the particular type of film and not the installation? Other company's films seem to be a bit better in this regard. If you are into reflective paint and darker colors, I can post a picture that might make you cringe a little.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
My car was one of the first 30 or 40 to hit U.S. pavement and the quality of the starshield was excellent. I've seen a more recent car and the front end coverage is different (a little better) but the quality of the work seemed excellent. Of course, I have replaced my side pieces with thicker film after about 2500 miles of driving clean roads and 1 track day (clean track). The starshield was simply shredded to bits.

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7631&highlight=laminx

·
Registered
286 Posts
I found the starshield on the hood have alot of little fine scratches. I tried waxing it but the scratches won't go away. How's the quality of everyone else starshield?

·
Registered
543 Posts
rec'd ours this tuesday. there were some bubbles in the starshield, that they said shoud "come out" after being in the sun. well it's been cloudy and rainy since, and she's been in the garage...

·
Registered
979 Posts
I just picked mine up this past weekend and it's in perfect shape. I never heard of this before, but it came as a surprise that they put starshield on the rear bumper!

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
im not real happy with mine.....ive never seen a 50k enthusiast car get away with so many quality issues.....
who installs the starshield? the factory or the dealer?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
evomind said:
im not real happy with mine.....ive never seen a 50k enthusiast car get away with so many quality issues.....
who installs the starshield? the factory or the dealer?
Starshield guys do it at the port.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
andykeck said:
Starshield guys do it at the port.
Talked to LCU today - starshield is installed at port and they now have a lift to get the car off the ground to do the install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts