The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to top off my a/c in my esprit its 2002 v8 but I can not find the service port. I'm sure someone knows where to find it :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
I haven't done it myself, but I think that the port is on the passenger side in front of the engine. If you have it on a lift, between the right side passenger seat and the engine compartment (underside of car). silver pipes with black caps.

But that's only a guess. Someone else know for sure?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I want to top off my a/c in my esprit its 2002 v8 but I can not find the service port. I'm sure someone knows where to find it :)
The AC ports on the V8 is best accessed with the car on a lift (I suppose jack stands and a creeper would do) and they are not accessible from the top. The ports are at the underside front of the engine bay.

Knut

·
Registered
744 Posts
rAISE 'EM up - just under (just in front of the engine - passenger side) you will see it right away. You can even put your arm under the middle right without raising the engine(front right of the engine) and fish 'em.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
From my limited experience with AC systems, you shouldn't just "top it off," or you will add too much or too little. You should get a hold of both high and low pressure gauges (which you can most likely rent from the local auto part stores) and hook them up to the high and low ports respectively and make sure the pressures are correct for both sides per the manual. Make sure you add to the "low" side, or it will go boom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts