The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone figure out what this exhaust is?. I feel like it's the "Larini Sports Exhaust System - Sport Style", but i'm not completely sure since it kind of looks like the stage 2 exhaust (janspeed). There's also a video showing the sound inside the cockpit.

I'm also thinking of supercharging in the future, the website of sector111 says this isn't recommended for a supercharged car (I'm thinking of stock supercharger or katana2, nothing too crazy). But i can't figure out how is it that the stock exhaust is ok for them and not this one.

And one last thing, this car in the video had a very annoying rattle at around 4k rpm, i'm hoping it was not the exhaust?, that would be a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
it does look like the Larini Sport (with very dirty Tips!). I had it on the car for a while. I like the sound but took it off and sold it because it was too loud.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Looks like the Larini Sport which I have sitting somewhere in my garage...
Mine never had any rattles while on the car.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about using it on a supercharged car?

Is the SE version louder or about the same?.

Ideally i'd like an exhaust that's quiet on the 4000 rpm range and screams at 8000, But not an obnoxious coffee can noise, i really thought this exhaust had a very refined sound.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Thats my ideal exhaust as well. No existing exhaust is really quiet at 4k and loud at 8k. the Larini 8" is close...but for you to have both, you need an active dual mode exhaust with a valve in the muffler like they have on the Vette's and BMWs.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it wasn't the Larini exhaust unfortunatelly :(

I'm not unhappy with it, but the exhaust i was trying to get was a little on the playful side. The larini sounds angry.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
ah I just realized that was you at Cars and Coffee this morning. I do know that exhaust in our cars "wear out" after a while mainly because of heat melting the baffling material (yeah pretty ridiculous...) anyway a used one might sound different then a brand new one... just fyi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts