The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently picked up an '05 Elise and I am trying to find a reputable shop that does great work and doesn't charge an arm and a leg (is that even possible?). Anyhow, I've looked into Dietsch Werks but wanted to get a few more suggestions.

I need a shop to do regular oil changes and more notably a 30k service that I am soon due for.

Thanks in advance for any input! :up:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Formerly EliseIn2005
251 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Another nod for Rob.

I've I'm honest I do also hear good things about Suspension Performance, just haven't gone there yet. Welcome to the community. I hope to see you at gglc events (gglotus.org)

·
Registered
488 Posts
You can do oil changes yourself. You should, you'll save some dough, and you'll get more familiar and comfortable with it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can do oil changes yourself. You should, you'll save some dough, and you'll get more familiar and comfortable with it.
Thought about it, but have pretty limited time. On that note, what oil is a popular oil brand / weight for the car?

·
Registered
604 Posts
My car has been to Dietsch Werks, and yes, Rob certainly knows the Elise/Exige cars.

I now take my car to TC Design (TC Design). TCD began as a race-prep and fabrication shop--they're known as one of the best roll-cage builders on the west coast. They have also been maintaining and modifying Elises before they were imported into the US--he knows them inside and out. If you're just looking for the cheapest oil changes and routine tune-ups, this shop is not for you but if you're into making your car perform, Tony (the T in TCD) is hands-down awesome. A few years ago, I shopped around, including the other two shops mentioned, TCD's hours-per-job was less than others and their shop rate/hour was considerably less.

All the shops mentioned have pluses, and I'm sure they each cater to a specific crowd wonderfully--we're so lucky to have these choices.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Taking the car to Dietsch. Will let you guys know how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Definitely go to Dietsch Werks! Feel free to call them at 408-725-4243 .

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,415 Posts
Just took my car to Suspension Performance last week for a 15k service and I was impressed! I'd definitely recommend them. Neither options are cheap, but I think in both cases you get what you pay for -- true Lotus expertise!

I'd been to Dietsch previously for the 7500 mile service and he did a great job too, but Suspension Performance was just more convenient. I can literally walk to their shop from my office in Mountain View so dropping the car off for the day while I was at work was super easy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just dropped off the car at Dietsch.

30k service, bushing and alignment for today :)

Rob and his team are top notch. He ran me through what was going to be done on my car and pointed out things I should make sure to look out for in my Elise. Will let you guys know how everything pans out, but I am sure I will be a happy customer!

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,415 Posts
Welcome to the Bay Area! What kind of Lotus do you have? We'll keep an eye out for you on the roads!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Just dropped off the car at Dietsch.

Rob and his team are top notch.
I am so glad to hear such feedback :D

Awesome, I just moved into the Bay Area as well, makes my search for a place much easier :)
Welcome to the Bay area! It's a blast driving the Lotus around- when there is no traffic ! :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts