The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm preparing to attend the Skippy three-day racing school and would like to get driving shoes, a helmet and a few other goodies of my own. Can anyone recommend a shop in the NY metro area (I'm just over the border in CT) that has a good selection? I'm aware of saferacer and other websites, but I'm looking for a brick-and-mortar store where I can try things on, touch them, etc. I've tried a few searches, but haven't been able to find anything on the forum. I'd appreciate any guidance anyone could offer.

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts
Recommendation for Shop for Helmet, Shoes, etc.

1. Yes: Helmet goes on head, shoes other end.

2. Driving Impression @ Lime Rock sells this stuff IIRC. They also have/had a shop here in NJ.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I knew I was doing something wrong!:wallbang:

Driving Impressions is a good call. If anyone is aware of any place closer (in Westchester, CT or NYC), please let me know.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Caveat. Important to try on for proper fit, especially helmet, before buying online. I'm glad I did because I normally wear a large in helmet size and wanted to order a Simpson Voyager online. I tried one on at a local retailer and found that the Medium in that particlular helmet was the perfect fit. Since they sold it at the same price as online retailers, I bought it from them.

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts
Thanks. I knew I was doing something wrong!:wallbang:

Driving Impressions is a good call. If anyone is aware of any place closer (in Westchester, CT or NYC), please let me know.
You're welcome.

Is your first name Vin??

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Caveat. Important to try on for proper fit, especially helmet, before buying online. I'm glad I did because I normally wear a large in helmet size and wanted to order a Simpson Voyager online. I tried one on at a local retailer and found that the Medium in that particlular helmet was the perfect fit. Since they sold it at the same price as online retailers, I bought it from them.
+100!!!!
different brands fit differently.
I also got some sparco shoes on the net, they were euro sized and the chart said 45 was my size(us10.5). i had to send them back and pay shipping, they were much more like a size 12 US.
try them on, then go to www.saferacer.com
free shipping on all order over $100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts