The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Elise, and I was thinking of seeing if I can get the CF parts from the Elise Cup R.. specifically the Front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser.

Elise S Cup R | Lotus Cars

I asked at my local Lotus dealership, and they said that Lotus cars and Lotus racing are separate, and will only sell you parts if you own a Cup R car. That seems odd to me. "Here please take a LOT of my money" .. "uh no thanks, sorry we don't want money"

Anyone have an idea how I might go about getting them?

·
Registered
214 Posts
what's so hard to believe about that? they want to keep the CUP vehicles rare, so they limit the parts replacements to owners of the CUP cars. same thing with the M3 GTS.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I have a 2011 Elise, and I was thinking of seeing if I can get the CF parts from the Elise Cup R.. specifically the Front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser.

Elise S Cup R | Lotus Cars

I asked at my local Lotus dealership, and they said that Lotus cars and Lotus racing are separate, and will only sell you parts if you own a Cup R car. That seems odd to me. "Here please take a LOT of my money" .. "uh no thanks, sorry we don't want money"

Anyone have an idea how I might go about getting them?
The Reverie parts would be cheaper and lighter.

San

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I tried to get parts and the UK parts dealer said they had not been released yet. He said it would be few months. They are not cheap from what I understand. The dealers in U.S. are not always good at getting parts.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
That's the sort of thing where British Racing Garage is good. They can usually source the rare Lotus parts pretty well.

They will not be cheap. All of the carbon parts on the Sport 260's add up to over $40k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts