The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Go to the French side and rent one of the few cars smaller than ours!

Simca fun extrm 500. Then take a day trip to St Bars (But remember they are French and close for lunch from noon until about 3:00 or 4:00).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
For casual dining I like La Belle epoch which is on the waterfront docks in Marigot Harbor on the French side. La Gondola is very good but make reservations! that is near cupecoy by the medical school just past the old Mullet Bay. Rare is also great that is also near La gondola. If you get a chance take the ferry(very small boat) over to Pinel Island and splurge on lunch. Good Lobster and wine on th island! There are several good places to eat in Grand Case and I think on Tuesday's the locals have a parade. I go every year Tons of stuff to do. It is great to watch the people stand right behind a KLM 747 and get blown in the water. Have a great time!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If you're fit, hike up to Ft. Louis on the French side. Great view and most likely you'll be the only one there. Attached are a few shots of my son and daughter on the walk up to the fort plus a few once we got there.

Cruise - Eastern Carribean - May 2008 271 (2).jpg

Cruise - Eastern Carribean - May 2008 272 (2).jpg

Cruise - Eastern Carribean - May 2008 270 (2).jpg

Cruise - Eastern Carribean - May 2008 269 (2).jpg

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys. Just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. It was one of those last minute trips and I didn't really get to plan much. Didn't even know it was the beginning of dead season so a lot of places were closed for September. Darn!

But, we managed to find good eats and had a great time. We tried La Gondola and I wasn't particularly impressed. ....well, this is compared to eating a few days on the French side with their impeccable restaurants!

The camera used the most was the Canon SD870 point and shoot. hahaha!

Grand Case

The Westin...highly recommend this place! We didn't stay here, but ended up going back many times to use the pool/beach/internet...hahahaha

Orient Beach

Managed to take the big camera out twice, too

Some place on the north-west side of the island

A door to one of the huge estates on the north-west side of the island

I think this was Grand Cayes

This was near the Westin while we were driving back to Philipsburg

And near Orient Beach...

This was where the old Le Meridian was (now it's the Radisson)...looks pretty nice! I was there 10 years ago.

....and....THE FOOD!

This was at Le Cottage in Grand Case

1 - 8 of 8 Posts