The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get into an Exige pretty shortly, and was wondering a little bit about shops in the GTA. Are there any recommended shops to service and mod the Elise/Exige, other than Gentry Lane?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Unfortunately there aren't any shops that really specialize in Lotus' but there are lots of good shops around that do good work. The last thing I would do is bring it to Gentry given the crappy location and hit and miss service. Ideally you can find a shop that will let you actually go into the back and see the car on the lift while they work. Depending on where you are in the GTA I'm sure there are a lot of recommendations. My lift also arrives in a few weeks, so your more than welcome to come down to my place if you need something.

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
311 Posts
A good litmus test for any shop that you may take your lotus to is to ask them how will they jack up your car...which pretty much rules out all the shops you want to stay away from

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Unfortunately there aren't any shops that really specialize in Lotus' but there are lots of good shops around that do good work. The last thing I would do is bring it to Gentry given the crappy location and hit and miss service. Ideally you can find a shop that will let you actually go into the back and see the car on the lift while they work. Depending on where you are in the GTA I'm sure there are a lot of recommendations. My lift also arrives in a few weeks, so your more than welcome to come down to my place if you need something.

Cheers,
Zoomby_U
Not sure about the "hit and miss". I've always had great service at Gentry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice.

On a similar note, i'm going to need to do an ECU dump on a couple cars i'm looking at to make sure there aren't any over revs. Can any garage do this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.