The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I disconnected my MY12 IPS battery in order to swap out some bulbs. I disconnected the battery then I realized I need a lift to actually swap them out. I reconnected the battery and now my lights won't shut off as pictured....keys in the ignition and out of the ignition...?!

Thoughts? You guys never let me down!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Pressed the parking lights button?

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
seems weird - the dealors either disconnect these batteries all the time or just replace them - never heard of this before?

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah definately weird! I screwed around with it, connecting and disconnecting it. Don't know when they shut off but it's all good now. However, now my pioneer unit reset and is asking for a password. The dealer has no idea what it is.

Does this mean I'm screwed?!?! Is there any way to reset the password??

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
OK look I don't want you to freak out, but I think your car is becoming self aware, like Skynet in the terminator movies.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK look I don't want you to freak out, but I think your car is becoming self aware, like Skynet in the terminator movies.
Where's the "like" button?! :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
password

Yeah definately weird! I screwed around with it, connecting and disconnecting it. Don't know when they shut off but it's all good now. However, now my pioneer unit reset and is asking for a password. The dealer has no idea what it is.

Does this mean I'm screwed?!?! Is there any way to reset the password??
Could check with dealer. Mine supplied a readout, car specific, that included the radio password, if so programmed. My car has the Pioneer x940bt unit that can be installed without a password and was. Disconnecting/reconnecting my battery does not interfere with radio/nav usage.
Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts