The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been subzero for a few days in Chicago so yesterday I started up the Elise to get the oil warm and take it for a spin around the neighborhood. I ran to the gas station for some yoghurt and milk but then I forgot the yoghurt in the passenger seat footwell. This morning, I remembered the yoghurt and went to retrieve it but four of the yoghurt pots burst and sprayed a frozen yogurt slurry over much of the passenger seat and footwell. After getting most of the large stuff, the remaining frozen shards were difficult to clean so I used a hairdryer to thaw the remainder and towel it up. I think I put the hairdryer too close to the carpet though because I smelled burning hair and solvent and there was a blue smoke so I dumped some water on the mess and now it is all frozen again and the interior smells like sour milk and meth. Should I wait until spring to try and salvage it all or should I try and clean it now? My mom works at a heated coffee and tea warehouse so I can probably pull the car there for a while but then I might introduce new aromas into the equation. Coffee would be better than sour milk but I think the sour milk might come out with some Fabreze. The chemical smell might require some more work but I've read that baking soda and oranges should remove it. I think I'll just crack the windows and wait until spring. My only concern is having the car completely odor free by the Lilac Festival because I am driving the Lilac Queen in the parade and she has vitiligo which I'm told can be painful.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Great post!

We expect pic of Lilac queen come Spring!

·
He's on fire!
3,346 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
This morning, I remembered the yoghurt and went to retrieve it but four of the yoghurt pots burst and sprayed a frozen yogurt slurry over much of the passenger seat and footwell.
Sad. :facepalm

You clearly need to work on your Lotus-yoghurt skills. I submit the following example of how it should be done: :shift:

:nanner2:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
we need that vin....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Easy guys. I've known the OP for a number of years and while young (and wow I question the decision to bring it out in this weather) he absolutely loves this car. Have you tried pouring Pepto Bismol on the stains? I have to imagine this would neutralize the smell without risking the awful coffee smell in your car. Don't bring it by your mom's place. Trust me when I say how hard it to rid the car of that coffee smell, still working to correct the Exige after "The Speedway Coffee Incident"...
Best of luck with it all!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Red Panda pee will neutralize the yogurt smell

·
Registered
686 Posts
╓o

Attachments

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I think I'll just crack the windows and wait until spring.
I would strongly recommend to not do this, because with your luck after the yoghurt mess and the burned carpet, you will forget that you have your windows open until after the next heavy rain storm.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
holy crap! funny!
There was a story here in Germany behind ths vid.
The yoghurt company had a commercial contest and one guy from the local Lotus community came up with this video, which he filmed at the Hockenheim ring.
We (the local forum members) all tried to vote as much for his clip as we could, trying to get him to win that contest.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would strongly recommend to not do this, because with your luck after the yoghurt mess and the burned carpet, you will forget that you have your windows open until after the next heavy rain storm.
Sadly, I did this. Realized about 4 hours after the heavy rain and had to take out my seats and blow dry everything for an hour or so. :facepalm
Good luck getting the yogurt and smell out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts