The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Elise has touring, with red leather interior. It's in mint condition. Is anyone with black interested in trading? Of course, that's the red door panels and seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are in mint condition. I have about 3K miles on the car and I am very careful about not having things in my pockets that can cut or mess up the seats.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
proof that the windshield will support 180lbs.
:D

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I gather than red looks better with storm titanium and graphite grey looks better with black. This just judging by pictures. You can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dan, I might trade you. I have st. ti. with black touring. Why don't you like the red??
I like the red but I think I would prefer black. I was originally going to order black but this "extra" was red and I bought it because I had a chance to get one that very day and not wait. Since then I've wondered about swapping it out. Either way, I love the car and it isn't as if I'm unhappy with it.

---

Curious to know if you have conditioned the seats.
I have conditioned them but I think I took this photo a few days before.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Ridge,
They look new because they are. The key to keeping leather looking new is to keep them clean, not necessarily to condition them so often. Just trying to save you some effort in the future!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pay tax on purchase? There would be no price difference, just a simple trade.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dan- I origonally wanted red, but when I ordered there were no pictures of it to see. So, I went with black. I will look at my car today and see if I want to change.

·
Registered
770 Posts
It just feels odd that State would let $50K worth of goods change hands without getting its piece of the pie.

Like, you come to DMV to register new car in you name, would not they ask to pay tax on a purchase price? If you paid nothing (since you traded), they'd look up the price in Blue Book like it was discussed here in another thread.

eliseowner2b said:
Pay tax on purchase? There would be no price difference, just a simple trade.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I talked with someone today who was at the factory a few months ago and had picked out special seats from the Exige for his Elisee and will be getting the side panels in a special color with the Lotus emblems embroidered in them.

He actualy got to sit in a bunch of seats and find out which one fit him best.

I forgot to ask if this was by specail request through Lotus Motorsports or if it is available only by visiting the factory. He said the factory gave him samples of the different leathers and colors. If I can recall correctly, I think the person said the items are delivered separatly to the dealer or Lotus, and then the stock items have to be shipped back for a credit. But it beats having to pay for a whole new interior and then having and old one that cant be used. I didn't get a chance to ask what the cost for this was.

In any case its's good to here this since maybe Lotus will eventually give us more options. Its a win-win situation. They make more money, and we dont have to go aftermarket, pay more than we would thru Lotusand get stuck with parts we cant use, and we can customize the cars the way we want them.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Lotus cars DOES offer custom interior service, but don't know if it's available at the time US customers order their car or has to be done after the fact, clearly the shipping would be obscenely expensive .

Bell-colvill have info on the custom trim service

http://www.bell-colvill.co.uk/

click on "interior retrim service"

Chris

1 - 20 of 23 Posts