The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you Americanos out there:

Good skills, and throttle control. I wonder if he takes requests?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Very cool.

I'm 99% sure there is no driver in there doing that. That's computer controlled.

Amazing though when you think about how low of an internal inertia that engine must have to have that kind of controlled, crisp response... Amazing engines!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
if only they did one of those long drawn out renditions :D. Pretty sweet though. I guess you need a pretty high revving engine to be able to get so many levels?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool.

I'm 99% sure there is no driver in there doing that. That's computer controlled.

Amazing though when you think about how low of an internal inertia that engine must have to have that kind of controlled, crisp response... Amazing engines!
Hmmmm, now that you said that, I had to re-watch it and see. There's an object close to the cockpit that almost looks like a helmet. Not sure. But it never moves. So you could be onto something. Guess that's what the guys with the laptop nearby are doing.
The wifey found this vid this morning. Thought it was cool.
But yes, no lag crisp response to get it to hit those ranges so quick.
They could have at least done a burnout or a few donuts to end it.
The longer drawn out rendition would have been great, with the last line of it stretching out the "...home of the brave".

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
haha wow

should show corresponding rpm

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I would think that there is a driver, OK a guy with his foot on the brake, in there just in case the clutch heats up and there is an F1 car in the Hudson.

BTW: the FIA requires four anthems before you can change the engine! :p

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts