The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I ordered the reflector light at the Lotus dealership, could I be able to install the reflector light myself or would I have the dealership do, it based on the picture I am going to provide? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
it shouldnt be hard to replace yourself.

i think it should be enough to steer the wheel to the left and remove the wheelarch plastic.

then the light should be fastened with plastic clips from the inside. 20 minutes jobb maximum.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I don't know what your mechanical skill level is, however I do believe that I could talk my 5 year old through swapping this out.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Not sure if it can be done with the wheels on. When I painted mine, I jacked up the car took the wheel off then the liner. IIRC there are two 10mm nuts that hold it in place, remove the nuts and unclip the harness and install in reverse order.

OH the old light has two rubber pads on the back, the new ones dont just transfer them from old to new and it will be fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not sure if it can be done with the wheels on. When I painted mine, I jacked up the car took the wheel off then the liner. IIRC there are two 10mm nuts that hold it in place, remove the nuts and unclip the harness and install in reverse order.

OH the old light has two rubber pads on the back, the new ones dont just transfer them from old to new and it will be fine.
I did mine with the wheel on, just crank it out to give yourself some room to work.

-chris

·
Registered
912 Posts
I stand corrected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts