The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I'll post a pic later, but a previous owner of my well-loved exige looks to have buffed off some of the rubberized coating on the airbag (maybe half). My silver ring is pretty bad too, but I was going to try the testors aluminum paint trick, or get a new CF ring cover from HK Fever.

Has anyone had any success refurbishing the cover? I was thinking of removing it and plasti-dipping the whole thing black, silver ring and all, but who knows what kind of prep I need as it's all ready somewhat gooey. Another choice of course is an airbag replacement, which seems an expensive option for just cosmetics.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Hey guys

I'll post a pic later, but a previous owner of my well-loved exige looks to have buffed off some of the rubberized coating on the airbag (maybe half). My silver ring is pretty bad too, but I was going to try the testors aluminum paint trick, or get a new CF ring cover from HK Fever.

Has anyone had any success refurbishing the cover? I was thinking of removing it and plasti-dipping the whole thing black, silver ring and all, but who knows what kind of prep I need as it's all ready somewhat gooey. Another choice of course is an airbag replacement, which seems an expensive option for just cosmetics.
Covering the airbag plastic cover with another finish is a bit risky. Would it affect the deployment of the airbag, I don't know.
Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts