The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I tried to install the reflector lamp ourselves, but we were getting kind of pissed of about it because we don't want to keep screwing up the work and we couldn't get it off ourselves. So, I was wandering if anyone knows and knew how to do it because we don't want to have to drive it back to the lotus dealer on and have them do it and wait till monday. Also, we want to know how to do it ourselves if this happens again. I will post pictures up and show you guys what it looks like but we got the other stuff off, just don't know what to do from there. But if they have a step by step thing that would be great, but if not thats fine we will wait till monday.
Thanks
:shrug:

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
o ya forgot to add this but we only purchased the lamp side marker rear left hand side (reflector) since that what they said at the lotus dealer

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's easiest if you remove the LR wheel. You might also want to completely remove the interior wheel-well liner, but this can also be done partially. Under the wheel-well liner there's a small plastic (ABS) shield that covers the marker's in-board mounting points - this is held in place by end tabs and one hole in common with the wheel-liner. Pop off this cover. With a socket, remove the self-threading nuts from the mounting studs on the marker. In the trunk, unplug the marker light from the rear lighting harness (behind the battery). Pop the rubber grommet and wires from the hole in the clam. Remove the wires, grommet, plug, and light. Install the new marker light, being careful not to over tighten the self-threading nuts. Reroute the wires, connect the plug and check that the light works. Reinstall the tidbits as you found them. Time required approximately 20 minutes. Have fun.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interesting, this just happened to me. Some body on a bike (pedal) came at me as I was getting in my car and said nice car and then proceeded to plow into the back driver side and crack this piece open and gouge the back lip :(
Curious how much the indicator cost.
Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
OEM Parts Cost

... Curious how much the indicator cost.
Thanks!
The lighted reflector (rear) is $47 from Lotus Garage and the mounting plinth (if that was damaged too) is another $11.00. The front markers cost about the same except there's no plinth.

Oh yeah, the self-threading nuts are another $2.00 each, but they're also available at most hardware or home stores for a few cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts