The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Just a quick question, I'm looking at getting a 2015 Elise 1.8L, and was just wondering if anyone has had problems with these in the past or if there's anything I need to watch out for when buying?

Thanks guys!
Mitch

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are a lot of posts on this site regarding the various issues with the Elise including the "buyers guide" video at the top of this forum.

Is it reliable? Very reliable for a hand built, fiberglass, English sports car with a Toyota engine. It does require some effort and TLC on the owners part. It sort of depends on what you want to do with it. Many use it as a weekend toy, some track it, some even use as a daily driver. You'll find many opinions.

Be prepared to address a small list of issues. Best to see/drive one, and see if it grabs you. The Elise is a rare beast, not suited to all tastes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Overall reliability is excellent, specially the drivetrain, if you are considering getting one, do it! It is a life changing experience, you won't look at cars the same way. But understand that it is a unique vehicle, not perfect but different to anything else you have ever driven. You need to understand that it was designed with a unique perspective with a legendary pedigree. There are plenty of articles and history online, do your homework so you know what you are getting into. My only regret getting mine is not getting one sooner.

·
Dreaming of Lotus
2005 Elise Sport Touring
112 Posts
Figure out now if you have a shop or dealer that can work on it.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
This is a predominantly (but not exclusively) US-based site, so you won't find much input for the '15 since US production stopped in MY11, and even that one was very rare. Most of the above advice probably still holds, but you'll want to confirm that before committing to anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts