The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m calling out to any N/A Evora owners who have found ways to squeeze a few more horses from their Camry engine (eg cold air intake, exhaust system, etc.) without it resulting in any problems, or the need to make more modifications to accommodate the first modifications. Ive never dabbled in any of that because i felt it was a bit of a gamble with my limited mechanical/ engineering knowledge, and that some modifications will unbalance an otherwise finely tuned car. I have a 2014 N/A Evora (MY 2012) with no modifications and it has been amazingly reliable! Well done Lotus!

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
BOE intake and your choice of exhaust is a fairly common and safe first step. Both are fairly easy to accomplish with regular hand tools and some basic mechanic skills.

Also, I'm a bit confused as to how your car is a 2014, but it's a 2012 model year?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BOE intake and your choice of exhaust is a fairly common and safe first step. Both are fairly easy to accomplish with regular hand tools and some basic mechanic skills.

Also, I'm a bit confused as to how your car is a 2014, but it's a 2012 model year?
Hi agentdr8! Thanks for tour reply. Re the year of my Lotus;
My understanding of 'model year' is...
my car was built in 2014 but it is the same model as those built from 2012 til 2014, ie 2012 was the last year that any significant production-line changes were made to the Evora. Prior to that was 2009, if I'm remembering correctly.
If I've got the whole model-year concept wrong then I've just embarrassed myself at a global level! HOW EMBARRASSMENT! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Sounds like you have a MY2014.

In the US, model year generally indicates the year the manufacturer intends it to be sold for (and its certified for emissions, air bags etc.), not the year it was built. It does not mean the years that are similar in build. However, in some other countries, MY refers to the year it was actually built.

Note that a car can be built in June of 2010 but be sold as a MY 2011. It can be confusing because a MY 2011 can legally be sold starting 1/1/2010 as an early launch vehicle.

Your VIN (when broken down) designates what MY you have (10th digit). If you look at the sticker on the driver's door jam it will indicate build date.

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Sounds like you have a MY2014.

In the US, model year generally indicates the year the manufacturer intends it to be sold for (and its certified for emissions, air bags etc.), not the year it was built. It does not mean the years that are similar in build. However, in some other countries, MY refers to the year it was actually built.

Note that a car can be built in June of 2010 but be sold as a MY 2011. It can be confusing because a MY 2011 can legally be sold starting 1/1/2010 as an early launch vehicle.

Your VIN (when broken down) designates what MY you have (10th digit). If you look at the sticker on the driver's door jam it will indicate build date.
To expand on this the 10th position number/letter in the VIN (now universal) is the Model Year, this means the year that the car is certified to. In the case of a Shelby Cobra some chassis and engine stock was certified as 1964/65 and were not final assembled until the mid 201x's, that was a rare event, much more common is a manufacture building a car that already meets the future regulations, this can be up to a year early when the government regulations are finalized.

·
Registered
499 Posts
John where did you buy your upgraded wire harness? Thanks
The engine harnesses was swapped when they were swapping frames and all the other work was done after the accident. But this wasn't done when NA, I had the supercharger by this time. When the car was NA everything was stock. All I had was the boe headers, Cai, and the flash.

·
Registered
222 Posts
na has already added lightness without that heavy old s/c to lug around. :)

but yes adding lightness and improving the looks helps

·
Registered
81 Posts
Get yourself a plack exhaust... It drops around 40 lbs off the ass end of the car, and makes it sound like it should... I was concerned about it being too loud, but you can keep it fairly quiet with your foot. Or make it good and loud with the same foot!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just took delivery of a 2bular non-valve muffler setup. Waiting to install it but I will say (and I don't want to revisit any old threads on this), from ordering to in my hands in 13 days.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
As the original post asked for modifications to Increase the HP of an NA Evora, I would recommend :
Add a BOE CAI, it alone will give a HP increase, and the ECU will self adjust.
Add a Full Headers - Downpipe - Metallic Cat System; this may or may not require an ECU Tune, depending on the System chosen.
Add an ECU Tune to match the installed modifications.
Most of the other modifications suggested are either for sound, weight reduction, or appearance, and have NO proven HP gains.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The Larini system is lighter and not so loud as to cause problems if you can get it stateside.
I installed a Larini on the Elise and previous Evora (valved) with no issues. I see no need on the current Evora - it sounds nice as is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts