The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am installing a CF center console and have a rare aluminum shift plate from Lotus to attach to the top of the console. It does not have a hole for the hazard button so I’d like to relocate the hazard button (which gets very little use anyway).

Has anyone else relocated the hazard button and if so, where? Photos would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Hmm... That's a pretty unique looking plate.

Seeing that the wiring for the hazard button is really short, I would just drill a hole on the front side of the console for it. Nearish the door lock button. Simple, and still out of the way but reachable.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,130 Posts
Glen, that looks like it was created for the 111S. See image below:

We are creating a real gated shifter upgrade for our shiftR111. It will function as a true gated shifter. Maybe that is what you are looking for?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Norawkus305 that is what I was thinking.

Shinoo, your probably right that it came from a 111S (I have had this part for-ever in my Lotus parts stash). I don’t want a gated shift plate as the console is not securely attached enough to handle the shifter movement. I’m sure you’ve thought about that in your design. I’ll be watching with interest.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Glen, I added a second powerpoint to the front of my console. It was about the same size as the hazard button and it fit perfectly with the curve so I think it's the easiest and a good spot for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts