The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of placing reg/inspection stickers on the bottom left corner of my windshields. They are in my line of sight (and they look awful)... I'm going to start researching who I need to speak with to get this location changed. I believe what it will take is written complaints/comments/suggestions to a person (can't remember who at the moment) that calls/chairs a board once a year that makes the rules/regs. After I locate who to write to, is there anyone else that would like to join me in writing a complaint/comment/suggestion and try to get this location changed?

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
I'm tired of placing reg/inspection stickers on the bottom left corner of my windshields. They are in my line of sight (and they look awful)... I'm going to start researching who I need to speak with to get this location changed. I believe what it will take is written complaints/comments/suggestions to a person (can't remember who at the moment) that calls/chairs a board once a year that makes the rules/regs. After I locate who to write to, is there anyone else that would like to join me in writing a complaint/comment/suggestion and try to get this location changed?
You don't say, but I assume the venue for change you're pursuing is in Texas. I'd try to get a waiver rather than change the current system. Getting a recognized authority to endorse your request would probably help things along. Some states give state law enforcement officers broad inspection powers - perhaps the state troopers/police can already waive certain regs.

Glen

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well.. All it takes is to write/call/email your representative. I called and sent pictures. After the pictures were sent, the lady responded and sounded quite interested and encouraging. All it takes is participation(!) to get this changed or at least get an alternate location. Anyone else?

Via a quick search (did not check if it's current or not) and TX is 1 of 4 that has stickers in the bottom left hand corner.

NJ - bottom left driver’s side windshield
PA - bottom left driver’s side windshield
NY - bottom left driver’s side windshield
TX – bottom left driver’s side windshield

·
Registered
246 Posts
How large are the stickers? I really don't have a problem with mine (a lot like two credit cards side by side)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I put them side by side ..than on top of each other. Much less intrusive, as you can push them towards the bottom almost out of site from the inside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts