The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neither here nor there, but just had to say -

Hadn't driven my elise for a couple weeks due to travel. Then, came back and picked up my new Fiat 500 Abarth. Was having such a blast driving that around, I started thinking "man, this is so much fun, maybe I don't really need the Lotus."

But then I drove the Elise again. And remembered what a different world it's in. Boy it's good.

Just had to say that.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Abarth is in no way better than my '05 Mini Cooper S. Except that it just kind of is.

It puts a huge smile on my face - tons of torque, absurd exhaust note, bouncy ride, just a real hoot around town. And it all settles down for a very nice highway cruise as well. Love the nice big windows and sunroof as well.

My 2.5 year old nephew hates it though - the exhaust note terrified him. In his words "white car bad, blue car better!" So, I shall remain "UncleColinBlueCar" for the forseeable future I guess.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm legitimately considering an abarth as my DD once I get the wife a new one. Interested to see your long term thoughts, keep us up to date

·
Registered
560 Posts
Amen. Reminded each time behind the wheel!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Just proves, you don't have to spend a ton of money to have FUN cars. For example, I went from a 'boring' X5 as my daily to a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. 4 door convertible family fun.

That Abarth looks a blast, although I think it HAS to be in the red/black commercial livery. The 'Abarth Girl' is so insanely hot it's face melting!

'You never forget de first time' :)

Trivia: The Italian Abarth girl in the commercial? She's actually Romanian!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts