The Lotus Cars Community banner

221 - 225 of 225 Posts

·
Got Boost?
37 Posts
Still have no luck with this cobra system.... Enter the first digit and nothing happens after I turn the key to enter the second digit. no flashing, Nothing. I verified my code with lotus dealer, so it’s the correct code that I have written in my book.

At this point I’m saying F*** it. It’s all coming out. Time for a custom door lock circuit and newer alarm system. Unless some one local to Moorpark want to try it out and become frustrated with me. Lol.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Still have no luck with this cobra system.... Enter the first digit and nothing happens after I turn the key to enter the second digit. no flashing, Nothing. I verified my code with lotus dealer, so it’s the correct code that I have written in my book.

At this point I’m saying F*** it. It’s all coming out. Time for a custom door lock circuit and newer alarm system. Unless some one local to Moorpark want to try it out and become frustrated with me. Lol.
If you decide to go the nuclear route and pull the Cobra alarm out you can get the door lock function back by adding an aftermarket remote keyless entry system. I installed this system 2 years ago and it has been working flawlessly.

Here is the link to the "how to":
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f320/pulled-your-cobra-alarm-want-rke-back-under-25-a-416258/

This install is totally reversible and does not require splicing into the original harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone
I have an Elise S2 2005 (federal) with a Viper alarm system (the cobra sucked but apparently also the Viper is not much better then -.- ').
I bought the car with the "new alarm system" already installed and I don't have the original key fob (for the Cobra alarm). The instrument panel works properly, the doors open and close normally with the remote control, the car does not start (if I turn the key it does not make any noise from the relay of the fuel pump\starter).
I left the car with the battery disconnected for about 8 days and upon my return, after reconnecting the battery, all the direction indicators flash independently whether I press the appropriate button or not.
Before starting to disassemble I checked all the fuses, the one related to the alarm (N # 11?) was burned and I replaced it but the problem remains.
I did check the battery and is in good condition and 90% charged.
In the hope of finding a buffer battery in the alarm control unit (which however is not present) I found the original Cobra control unit.
I tried disconnecting the Cobra unit but doing so the key fob no longer works and the car doesn't start anyway.
Reconnecting everything does not flash any more but does not start .
If I made a bypass to eliminate the immobilizer, could it work? or should I look for problems and failures elsewhere?
Any suggestions?

221 - 225 of 225 Posts