The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought used 07 Exige S. Manual didn't come with the car. Just curious whether the hardtop is removable?

Where is the tool kit stowed? I am looking for the tools to remove the tire bolts. Don't see it.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Just bought used 07 Exige S. Manual didn't come with the car. Just curious whether the hardtop is removable?

Where is the tool kit stowed? I am looking for the tools to remove the tire bolts. Don't see it.

Thanks
Yes, it's removable... in fact other than the scoop, it's mechanically identical to the hardtop on the Elise. Of course, since you don't have the manual, you don't have the instructions for taking off/replacing the top. It's about a 5-10 minute job.

Look for the toolkit either in the side pocket of the battery cover, or velcro'd to the boot carpet. Either way, check the boot.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
If you can't find it in your boot, check your tennis shoe. If you can't find it in any of your footwear, check the trunk of the car.

xtn

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's a British car, it doesn't have a trunk! :no:
It may not have a trunk, but it has a good ol' American handle inside it in case you lock yourself in. Mine is even luminescent in case it's dark in there. :shrug:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
It's a British car, it doesn't have a trunk! :no:
Ooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaay....

A space for carrying stuff, typically found at the rear of a car, is called a boot over there, and it's called a trunk here in the USA. Doesn't matter what country the car is from. It matters where the person speaking is.

I'm sure the Germans have a different word for it too, but if you're referencing a BMW you call it a trunk, right?

xtn

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Coming from a place that calls cigarettes f.a.g.s. :rolleyes: It is a trunk. Besides, the first cars produced in the world with trunks were made in the US right?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Ooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaay....

A space for carrying stuff, typically found at the rear of a car, is called a boot over there, and it's called a trunk here in the USA. Doesn't matter what country the car is from. It matters where the person speaking is.

I'm sure the Germans have a different word for it too, but if you're referencing a BMW you call it a trunk, right?

xtn
Das Boot?

rotfl

Since I've got a bootie in my boot, not a trunkie in my trunk, I'm sticking with boot.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Das Boot?

rotfl

Since I've got a bootie in my boot, not a trunkie in my trunk, I'm sticking with boot.

Das Boot. HAHAHAHAHA. Wish I had thought of that!

Anyway, I don't care if anybody calls it a boot. I do too. I just made the boot/trunk footwear joke, then got after getting called on it I had to defend the position just because I like fun debates.

xtn

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Das Boot. HAHAHAHAHA. Wish I had thought of that!

Anyway, I don't care if anybody calls it a boot. I do too. I just made the boot/trunk footwear joke, then got after getting called on it I had to defend the position just because I like fun debates.

xtn
Me too :D

What happened to the OP?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts