The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to take these black meshes out?

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
Pull the body panels

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I think they're glued in place?

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
At least the quarter flank meshes are screwed in but from inside the quarter panel before it fits to the inner liner that includes air ducting.. So at to list of things to do with clam off clutch job.

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
why would anyone want to take these off?
In my case I wanted to put an inlet nozzle onto the engine air intake tube to improve air flow.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
So why don't you access that from the engine bay? BTW there already is an intake tube on both sides.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
why would anyone want to take these off?
1. I want to vinyl wrap my car and it would look better if I can get the vinyl cover the entire edge of the curve where the mesh meets.
2. For easy cleaning and wipe with UV protectant from time to time to keep the plastic looks new.
3. Maybe I can create a larger custom CB air scoop to fit nicely in the side scoop that look more integrated, not like the current one that seems to be clued on top.

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
1. I want to vinyl wrap my car and it would look better if I can get the vinyl cover the entire edge of the curve where the mesh meets.
2. For easy cleaning and wipe with UV protectant from time to time to keep the plastic looks new.
3. Maybe I can create a larger custom CB air scoop to fit nicely in the side scoop that look more integrated, not like the current one that seems to be clued on top.
fyi, the external scoops do not look like afterthought add-ons, HK Fevers CF scoops match the original lotus racing scoops and I will say in person they do match and follow the lines of the car. My only performance would be that they are not finished in CF, some day I may remove and get finished in piano gloss black.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts