The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Stoner's Invisible Glass on the inside glass in the Exige. I got some overspray of it on the dash, and it has left a little discolored spot. I was wondering what would pull it out. Maybe rubbing alcohol? Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Rubbing alcohol would be a bad thing on the plastic dash...

Have you tried back to black or a leather / vinyl cleaner?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Would Stoner's Trim Shine do the trick?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mother's Back-to-Black would work well, but it can be messy to apply. I would go with Stoner's Trim Shine as suggested by tmr. He is the one who showed it off to me........impressive stuff and easy to work with........now I just have to get off my lazy butt and get to the store to pick some up!

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
To avoid the overspray issue with Invisible Glass you can spray it on your rag and then wipe it on the window. It works very well that way and is very controllable.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I now do the same as RoadDad.

I use a protectant for the interior and exterior rubber pieces that I have seen recommended by many auto detailers. It is "303 Aerospace Protectant". You can see a description at Detailers Warehouse - 303 Aerospace Protectant . You may be able to find it at a lower price than there. I have noticed it dealt with slight changes in dash coloring when I got Stoner's on my dash.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Try Meguire's Interior Quick Detailer. It does the best job of simply cleaning interior plastics and bringing them back to their natural finish of anything that I've ever tried. No gloss or oily finish like a lot of products. I prefer the spray over the wipes.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have Back to Black and hadn't thought of trying it on the interior surfaces. If I can get out of the house today I will see if I can pick up some of that Trim Shine. Later today is the last time I can play around with the car for awhile, since my wife is getting induced tonight :D So I've been trying to get all the cars perfect over the last two weeks...

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Try Meguire's Interior Quick Detailer. It does the best job of simply cleaning interior plastics and bringing them back to their natural finish of anything that I've ever tried. No gloss or oily finish like a lot of products. I prefer the spray over the wipes.
I was going to suggest something like this (or even regular Quick Detailer). A lot of times, I've used the microfiber I had already used on the outside of the car inside as well since it was already moistened with the cleaner. It works well.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I use Stoner's Invisible Glass on the inside glass in the Exige. I got some overspray of it on the dash, and it has left a little discolored spot. I was wondering what would pull it out. Maybe rubbing alcohol? Anyone have any suggestions?
Same thing happened to me. I forgot about it after a while but just checked and the stain is gone. The only thing I have done is wipe the dash with a micro fiber cloth and distilled water. That may have removed it over time.

Good luck with it.

2006 Elise Sport #46

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
I have Back to Black and hadn't thought of trying it on the interior surfaces. If I can get out of the house today I will see if I can pick up some of that Trim Shine. Later today is the last time I can play around with the car for awhile, since my wife is getting induced tonight :D So I've been trying to get all the cars perfect over the last two weeks...
Yeah, it works on the dash and sills.

Try a little first. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts