The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove the rear trim to expose the rear hoop. Anyone tips from those that have done this already? I'm evaluating a harness bar, and trying to get it installed...

I've removed the four screws at the top, and can get the top of the panel loose, but I can't free the bottom. Are there hidden clips or velcro or what is holding this down?

Having damaged the trim in my old S4 while doing nearly the same thing, I've become very wary of trying to force plastic bits.

===

I've seen some people post some diagrams from a pdf guide... is this available somewhere? I thought I came across this a long time ago, of couse didn't save it, and not my current search comes up blank.

When I get this harness installed, I'll post an install guide and a review.

Thanks in advance!
Scott

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interior trim?

Hmm. That looks like the exterior diagram.

I'm looking to remove the rear piece of the inside... the piece in which the rear speakers and the light are housed.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Sorry for some reason I was thinking the plastic trim pieces, next time I should read the whole message :).

I'll look around to see how that panel is mounted.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Here is a diagram of the Rear Bulkhead Trim Panel, seems like other pieces hold it in place as well as the plastic fasteners I'm kind of spaced out today, so I'm not sure if those are the ones you already took out.

It seems like the right and left sill panels might hold it in place in the bottom as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Here is another diagram that might help. Both pictures are for the S2, I think ours will be the same, but I'm not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Are you scanning these, or do you have some kind of shop manual on cd? Its about time for me to try and pick up a manual set, so I'd like to know if there is an electronic version. Thanks...

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Evl said:
Are you scanning these, or do you have some kind of shop manual on cd? Its about time for me to try and pick up a manual set, so I'd like to know if there is an electronic version. Thanks...
These are from an old manual for the british S2, I'm waiting for the shop manuals to be complete for the 111R and the Fed Elise to be available. I've heard that usually is better to wait until they get updated.

I think they can be ordered from the dealer I think these are the titles and the part numbers, don't know the price, but they are not cheap:

Shop Manuals:

Elise/Exige 6 Speed General Maintenance A120T0327J
Elise/Exige 6 Speed Engine Manual 1 B120T0327J
Elise/Exige 6 Speed Engine Manual 1 C120T0327J
Elise/Exige 6 Speed Transmission D120T0327J

Part lists:

Elise/Exige 6 Speed A120T0325J

I think I'll order the General Maintenace and the part list 1st then maybe the engine ones.

Again, i'm not sure if these are them or they are the 111R's or some previous versions. The best bet is to call your dealer and ask them :)

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Miguel the interior firewall trim with the shelf and speakers can't require removing the sill bodywork. Maybe they tuck in there...but the sill bodywork itself is glued onto the frame. Perry removed his trim...maybe he can comment. I have not removed mine but it look pretty straightforward. Likely it would be easier to do this with the seats out (four bolts apiece). I've had the upper black trim mostly off, the L/R ends of that piece tuck under the rear trim panel. I'm taking about the black trim that runs side to side in front of the rear window and which is the "ceiling" under the roll bar / roof area. Looks like the ends of that piece could be bent in order to remove the item but I am not positive. I had a squeak coming from that panel (roll bar lives under there) and excorcized it with some silicone grease and an old credit card which I used as a shim.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stan said:
...interior firewall trim with the shelf and speakers can't require removing the sill bodywork. Maybe they tuck in there...
<snip>
... I had a squeak coming from that panel (roll bar lives under there) and excorcized it with some silicone grease and an old credit card which I used as a shim.
Hmm... good idea about hte sqeak. I have something similar, so I might as well look while things are apart...

Well, according to those diagrams, it's just the four fasteners for this piece. Maybe it's tucked under somewhere? I'll try again.

Thanks, all!

Scott

·
Registered
818 Posts
you should remove the seat belts too. makes it easy. also you need to bend it a little to come. just work with it. i just took mine out.

·
Banned
270 Posts
You can get the entire official Elise shop manual from Book4cars.com. I ordered one the other week, goes for about $260.00, and is worth every penny of it, only problem is that they don't have it in stock yet. Hopefully it will show how to convert the 2ZZGE engine over to an automatic transmission. Getting sick of all that shifting, clutch stuff, heel and toe nonsense. Had our second Elise Of Maui Club meeting today, attendance was 100%. Drove the President, Vice President, he was a little short of breath, Secretary and Treasurer around Kihei and Wailea for a bit, where it is once again getting ready to piss down rain.

Aloha,
Thomas Praetzel

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Stan said:
Miguel the interior firewall trim with the shelf and speakers can't require removing the sill bodywork. Maybe they tuck in there...but the sill bodywork itself is glued onto the frame.
I suspect that Miguel was meaning the black plastic sill covers on each side - not the outside "sill" body panels. The name "sill" is often used for the covers over the door jambs )the part you step over when getting into a car) on many cars...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts