The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased a small little truck for Home Depot runs and whatnot, but the only crevice was the previous owner was a smoker. It's not HORRIBLE, but it's definitely there.

So Lotus fans, what's the home recipes and chemicals you know of to remove that pesty smoky smell?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
You'll never get it out....but go down to your local Marriott or Holiday Inn to see what they use.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Friend of mine used to work at a dealership and he once told me they park it in the sun with the windows up and run the heater for about 20 mins.
Ive never tried it myself.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Go to your local walmart or autozone and get a can of Ozium...I had left my Lotus covered in the garage for 3 weeks and a &^%$ mouse got in the car and got stuck then died, dried, rot, stunk my Lotus!!! :)

Left the car our windows down and in the sun for couple of days and then used the Ozium.

You can also try ground coffee. Pour it in dishes and place them inside the car overnight or longer.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Getting rid of the smoke smell has specific steps.
1. steal a credit card without the owner knowing.
2. rent a non-smoking room at a high-end hotel on the credit card.
3. enter the room and quickly smoke half a pack.
4. go back to the front desk and complain the room smells like smoke.
5. you will likely get assigned another room.
6. hide around the corner of your old room
7. when the staff shows up with a couple cans of the magic smoke abatement stuff..
8. clonk them on the head, steal all their cans.
9. use the cans liberally in your car, 1 can with AC on, one can with heat on.
10. craft a letter of apology to buddy you stole card from (but don't sign it).
11. craft a letter of apology to the hotel staff that got clonked.
12. enjoy your truck with the (now reduced) smoke smell.
easy peasy!

·
Registered
498 Posts
This should work. I bought them because the Evora smells like a glue factory. You still need to clean the inside. I use the bags below. Great price below same as GRIOTS :D
Zeolite Odor Control Products - Zeolite, nature's odor absorber.

Same as GRIOTS GARAGE:
Stinky-Be-Gone, Set of 3 - Griot's Garage

Super Odor Eliminator
Tough odors need a tough odor eliminator, and nothing's tougher on odors than Zeolite Super Odor Eliminator. Zeolite odor eliminator pebbles trap odors from smoke, pets, ammonia, gasses, formaldehyde, urine and more.

Zeolite is non-toxic and all natural volcanic rock, so its safe for children and pets. Put anywhere around the house. Super Odor Eliminator is perfect for boat heads, RV's, car trunks, cabinets, closets, garages and restaurants.

Zeolite Odor Eliminator can be used anywhere. Put a 1 lb bag in the vegetable/fruit crisper and your fruits and vegetables will stay fresh much longer. Put a bag in the freezer and the ice smell and tastes better. Put one in the bottom of the trash can in the kitchen.

Each 2 lb bag covers approximately 50 sq.ft.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer actually did a pretty good job at removing from the seats, but the whole A/C, etc. Thanks everyone, I'll try a collection of the posted results.

Time to go rob the local Hilton. :coolnana:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts