The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

remove stock seatbelts?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  <@¿@> 
#1 ·
hi everyone, i have aquestion on removing the seatbelts. i currently have both a harnesses and seat belts setup in my car. harness for me and seatbelts for people who are fussy. but i realized i dont really care about other people that much. plus with the added length of the bolt my seatbelt buckle drags on my center console and is ruining the paint.

my question is that i would prefer not to have to remove the entire seatbelt assembly if there was a way to tuck it nicely and neatly somewhere?

and if i do remove it the only precaution is the belt tensioner?

Discussion starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't understand your problem. I have stock seat belts and harnesses and don't have any issues. You do realize your harnesses aren't legal on the street, right?

San
With both the harness and the plastic buckle on the seats, it pushes it out just enough so that tje seat can only be on the last adjustment slot. If i try to move the seat forward it will drag along the center console and scratch up the paint quite bad.

Also i was under the impression that any harness with a big red press here button was dot approved?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.