The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would sure love to remove the airbag sticker on both visor but I'm not sure I can with out making it look even worse. Has anyone done this?

I also installed LED lights in almost all interior and all exterior lights with the exception of the foot well lights, looks great. I plan to replace the foot well lights coming up if it does not mess up the night dimming mode. Has anyone changed all lights to LED?

I have a 2010 Evora.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
removed that ugly sticker. It is a pain, but it went off without leaving ay marks. Maybe easiest if you can apply some hot air.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I removed a chunk of mine accidently by attaching a "Hello My Name Is:" name badge :)

When I pulled it off a large piece was removed - I'll be doing the rest soon, it just isn't fun.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I also installed LED lights in almost all interior and all exterior lights with the exception of the foot well lights, looks great. I plan to replace the foot well lights coming up if it does not mess up the night dimming mode. Has anyone changed all lights to LED?

I have a 2010 Evora.
Why did you change out the light bulbs to LED? Can you please attach some pics?
Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed out the dome light and the (2) boot or trunk lights and the (2) license plate lights. These are not LED lights. The only (2) that are left are the foot well lights under the dash on both sides, these are also not LED lights.

Reason is, if the engine lid or door is open for a long time it will be allot less draw on the battery as well as allot less heat on the plastic lens. Added bonus is a cool blue light with LEDS.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I changed out the dome light and the (2) boot or trunk lights and the (2) license plate lights. These are not LED lights. The only (2) that are left are the foot well lights under the dash on both sides, these are also not LED lights.

Reason is, if the engine lid or door is open for a long time it will be allot less draw on the battery as well as allot less heat on the plastic lens. Added bonus is a cool blue light with LEDS.

Sounds like a good idea with the LED bulbs. I leave my hatch open when the Evora is in my garage sometimes, essecialy when it is hot. I do this to allow more air flow to circulate around the heated engine compartment. I do get concerned about the trunk lights staying on for prolonged periods of time though.

If you can, please post the part # and where to buy those replacement LED bulbs. I would like to do this to my trunk lights at least.

Thanks

·
Illegal Alien
4,768 Posts
... I do get concerned about the trunk lights staying on for prolonged periods of time though. ...
For trunk close the lid latch mechanisim, this will turn of light. I put a red ribbon into the latch so as to remind me not to slam it down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts