The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the factory aluminum license plate bracket but looks like the clips are drilled into the front clam... I've searched here but can't find instructions to remove it... Has anyone done that? I was going to try to drill a small bit into the factory clips and try to 'screw' them out.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Remove the front aluminum access panel. I took mine off that way. Easiest if you put the front up on ramps so you can get under there and have a good look.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remove the front aluminum access panel. I took mine off that way. Easiest if you put the front up on ramps so you can get under there and have a good look.
Yeah, I might have to do that. I tried to get the rivets by just drilling them from the front... They go way into the aluminum...

How did you cover your holes in the end? I see a few people have decals but I think you'd need to plug the holes first, then paint them? On my Subaru, I had a front plate 'delete' but I haven't seen anything like that on Elises

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took them off finally... Awful huge holes. Can't believe the old man that owned the car before did that to the clam.

Time to find out who can make an aluminum engraved plate or a sticker, perhaps to cover this mess.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts