The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the black interior door pull pockets on my car. I noticed that they are glued in place. Has anyone replaced these before and know of a good method of removing them without damaging anything?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
They are a bit of a bear. Mine were held in with a ton of adhesive and a thin strip of double sided tape around the perimeter. I had to peel up at the corner / edge and muscle it out. Removing the remaining adhesive on the door will be a chore. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Please see my comments/photos in this thread:http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1662092-post253.html

As Frank noted, they are attached with the strongest adhesive ever invented, as best as I can tell. Place a cloth on the outer edge (this way, in case you do mar the surface, you won't see it from inside), and with a bladed tool, gently but firmly begin to lift the edge. This will be much harder than you can imagine, plus, because the door is fiberglass, and the area is thin, you have to watch the flexing.

Once you have an edge to get your fingers under, just keep pulling around the opening. I found that very little of the adhesive stuck to the car, it was almost all stuck to the door pulls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts