The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove the outside mirror glass & surround from the housing. I have bought the convex mirror to replace the flat drivers side, and I have read the service manual. The clip next to the boot is difficult to get to, and the surrounding clips seem difficult as well without scratching the housing. What is the best method for this? How do you replace the new mirror?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
When I did it, I took the mirror off the car, but later discovered it wasn't necessary. you need to separate the black plastic piece from the body colored piece. There are some clips around the periphery -- I should have taken photos when mine was apart.

You can try separating it a little with your fingernail, then carefully putting a screwdriver in as a wedge. I was very nervous about damaging the plastic, but it came apart ok with no damage.

The key is slow and careful!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
From the Service Manual:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a broken R/H mirror and found this site useful so perhaps I can add some detail. To remove the mirror in its black frame (plinth) start at the inner boot end and pull the frame back carefully - as the manual states. The painted mirror housing has 3 tabs on the bottom and 3 on the top and 2 on the outside edge which engage slots in the black frame. Two photos attached show these parts. Hood Bag Material property Musical instrument Automotive exterior
Water Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Tread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts