The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please advise on how to remove / replace the door sills on an Elise S2. I have removed the two bolts at the front and the screw on the side but have been unable to remove them. Whilst I understand they are stuck down with some kind of double tape this doesn't seem to be causing the problem. Also does anyone know where I can buy this industrial strength double sided tape for adhering the replacement sills once I have removed the existing ones?

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I presume you are referring to the black plastic sill covers. After the screws are removed gently slide something slim under the back edge and work forward, breaking the adhesion of the double sided tape. At the same time gentle pull up on the cover and it will come away. The double sided tape is only on the back end. Purchase some 3M tape from The Home Depot or other hardware store and re-install. The hardest part is getting the front end in again where the two screws are, you will see what I mean.

Can anyone please advise on how to remove / replace the door sills on an Elise S2. I have removed the two bolts at the front and the screw on the side but have been unable to remove them. Whilst I understand they are stuck down with some kind of double tape this doesn't seem to be causing the problem. Also does anyone know where I can buy this industrial strength double sided tape for adhering the replacement sills once I have removed the existing ones?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Actually you don't want THAT tape. It's brand Spooge. Replace with 3M stuff.

xtn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts