The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i go about removing the rear view mirror? Does the entire mount come off or does it somehow come out of the mount leaving the mount on the windshield?

-Steve

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
If you look through the windshield you will be able to see a spring clip. Release that clip, and the mirror slides off of the mount. The mount plate stays glued onto the windshield.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what sort of tool should i use to do this? I'm too lazy to go out and look right now but if i remember correctly that clip is between the mount and the windshield so something would have to slide in right?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
The Audi TT mirror looks like a nice alternative it is a nice small oval that pretty much matches the shape of the rear window.
That fugly GM mirror is destined for my trash.
New member of the COM!:clap: :clap: :p

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i pressed in the spring clip today and the mirror slides forward but i still can't figure out how to get it off. When it is slid forward it still doesn't have any play in any direction. What am i missing?

·
Registered
648 Posts
It falls off after a while in hot climates. Mine did, and i've never looked back :D

If you wiggle it day after day eventually it'll fall off all by itself when you're driving along.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tonyyoshi said:
It falls off after a while in hot climates. Mine did, and i've never looked back :D

If you wiggle it day after day eventually it'll fall off all by itself when you're driving along.
hopefully someone has a solution that requires a bit less patience :p

·
Registered
653 Posts
Mine came right off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts