The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the Interior section but no one seems to be looking at my thread.

First i pressed the clip that is visible through the windshield. This allowed me to slide the mirror assembly forward about 3/4". From this point i am totally stuck. It's not loose in any direction. Which way does it come off? What's the next move?

-Steve

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Isn't this when you tie a string to the door handle?

Meh, it was funny when I thought of it.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Can you use a single edge razor blade and work on the adhesive from the sides??
I have already ordered an Audi TT rear view mirror and am curious to see how it goes for you. That BIG GM mirror has got to gorotfl

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
The mirror comes off very easily. The black cover near the glass pops off (pry with something plastic) exposing the actual retainer. There is a spring clip that you can see needs to be depressed with a metal tool so that the assembly can be slid forward. I'll post a PIC.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stan said:
The mirror comes off very easily. The black cover near the glass pops off (pry with something plastic) exposing the actual retainer. There is a spring clip that you can see needs to be depressed with a metal tool so that the assembly can be slid forward. I'll post a PIC.
I slid it forward but it's still not budging.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>I slid it forward but it's still not budging.<<<

See below...first you get the cover to pop lower to create some working room. Then that silver spring thing must be wedged over the edge of the metal plate which is glued to the windshield. This allows the mirror to be slid along the metal plate but the tip of the spring will still hold you back so be aware of that and deal with it. The image shows some of the black u-shaped detail that hooks around the edged of the windshield plate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts