The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am currently on a mission to remove the standard seatbelt system. What size is the Torx Bolt that is holding the seatbelt assembly seen on this pic:

Also, do I just need to remove this one bolt to remove the whole assembly, or are there more bolts??

Thanks!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Keep in mind that there is an "explosive" type device is inside the reel. This would be the pre-tensioning device and is part of the safety system for the car. That is what the wire is for that is conected to the reel.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thank you for mentioning. How should I proceed to take it out safely?

Unplug the battery ?

Will I also need to remove the SRS unit that controls the airbag and pretensioners, or can I leave those installed? I hope the airbags won't deploy when I ignite the engine after the seatbelts have been removed...

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Yes, thank you for mentioning. How should I proceed to take it out safely?
Unplug the battery ?
Just unplug the connector to the belt reel, yes it's ballistic so be careful. The torx should be a T50...it was on my '05.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
If you remove the seat belts and don't install the proper value resistor in place of the pre-tensioner charge, you will get an air bag light on the dash. It's my understanding that once the light is on, you need the dealer's scan tool to turn it back off. It's not something that you can keep trying until the light goes off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts