The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched for this and couldn't find it. has anyone removed the windshield wiper motor/wiper/and fluid resevoir(sp?)? i dont really ever drive in the rain and would save some weight and it would look cleaner in my opinion. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The fluid resevoir/tank is easy to remove from the engine bay. Unhook the water hose, and clip for the motor. The wiper comes right off with one nut. Just lift up the cap at the base of the wiper and you'll see it. Removing the motor is probably a lot more difficult, and if you just want a cleaner look, the first 2 are easy to do.

That said, I've always thought about removing the wiper. I never drive in the rain. BUT I do see it as a safety precaution should I be on the freeway and some random 'fluid' or somthing sprays/splashes on my window. Thus I've kept mine on, although I've never used it...
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll try the first two as you said. removing the motor for the wiper i think will get rid of the most weight.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
PM THE STIG. He has done the whole thing, but doesn't post much of late. He will be really happy to give advise. He got his car down to 1600 lbs

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
i searched for this and couldn't find it. has anyone removed the windshield wiper motor/wiper/and fluid resevoir(sp?)? i dont really ever drive in the rain and would save some weight and it would look cleaner in my opinion. any help would be appreciated.
Perhaps I'm confused, but don't you sometimes get caught in the rain, as when on a long trip? Own stock in Rain-x?

I'm reasonably sure I've seen rain in MN. Is there a desert area there I've missed??

The wt can't be significant, especially @ frt of car; it's the rear that needs less wt.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perhaps I'm confused, but don't you sometimes get caught in the rain, as when on a long trip? Own stock in Rain-x?

I'm reasonably sure I've seen rain in MN. Is there a desert area there I've missed??

The wt can't be significant, especially @ frt of car; it's the rear that needs less wt.
yeah i do have quite a bit of rain-x that im willing to use. i already took off the wiper and resevoir which saves about 5 pounds. i always look at the weather before i go out on a drive or anywhere so i pretty much never get caught in the rain. and with rain-x after you get up to speed you dont even need wipers. i'll try to pm the stig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts