The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
spun a bearing in my 1969 europa today :mad:, I'm going to rebuild the engine and while i'm at it was hoping to do some modifications to get up to as much as 150 - 160 hp (i've heard of it being done to these engines, but no idea how)
I dont want to do an engine swap as i would like to keep the car original looking.
does anyone have experience with building these engines and would be able to give me some advice? - cant seem to find anyone with any information on these cars here in Adelaide. :confused:
cheers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would go with a renault Turbo Fuego engine and 5 speed tranny.The R-16 heads are a non crossflow design with very little performance potential.On my 1970 S2 I ran a single 45mm weber carb and headers with modified cams that made a bigger increase in noise than actual performance.That was back in the day and most of the parts including high compression piston and liner kits are no longer available.My 1970 s2 may have produced an actual 110hp,no where near the 150 to 160 hp you are looking for, in fact that would require a modified and well tuned twin cam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts