The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my copies of Rendezvous yesterday...

I would strongly suggest that anyone with even a slight interest in racing, cars, etc... buy a copy. Absolutely insane.

Thanks Randy! :)

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
The thing I think is cool about the film, is the history of it. When it was done in 1977, it was quite ground breaking.

I specially like the cobblestone section-

“The most incredible little piece of cinema I’ve ever seen…has to be seen to be believed.” – Porsche World

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Randy,
Did you see the commercial Nissan did to launch the 350z? They did a run through the streets of Prague (of course this was under controlled conditions not like r-vous.
CHris

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
I have it also on DVD, my brother in law works for Nissan.

Nice tribute to Rendezvous, but it loses something when you know The Run was scripted and legal and not totally nuts. :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I watched "Rendevous" three times back-to-back. Completely insane!

The scenes that have been etched into my memory are the expressions on people's faces (and the one lady who takes a step back against the sidewalk) as the driver races through the streets. Amazing!

Bob K.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
When I got my copy I had it on repeat for a couple of hours before my wife put a stop to it. Ordering Rendevous is a great way to support our moderator AND to get a great DVD. What are you waiting for?!?!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Got my copy from Randy today. I'd seen parts of it before in low resolution, but full screen on my 21" monitor with the sub pounding is amazing. Very scary. I certainly won't be treating my new baby like that (at least right away LOL).

If you haven't seen it you're missing one of the great pleasures life has to offer (as driven by someone else).

Thanks for the video Randy.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Fire up this vid on a big screen home theater system, and you'll want your Elise immediately delivered, and a free pass from the local police. If only this could be everyday...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts