The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like the design but I don't think that will work as a direct bolt-on.

It looks like it hangs below the seat rail and the seat rails are flat on the floor in the Evora.

Reactions: TJBNJ

·
Registered
216 Posts
I also use the cup holders from Moss Miata. I just kinda shove the bottom tab in the corner of the seat/center tunnel area and it stays in place just fine. Only downside is that they keep sending me product catalogs for a Miata that I don't have!

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
58 Posts
I am trying to make a rail system that mounts to the seat bolt (driver-side left) to make it slide along the front driver seat. I got my idea from the GT3's fire extinguisher holder. I plan to have 4 inch t-track on top of the mounting bracket so it can fit phone mount or cup holder, or both.

I'll share more info once I have my prototype. Let me know if you are interested!

·
Vendor
1,343 Posts
We could easily make these if there is enough interest for them. They would be specific to the Evora's seat rail/center tunnel etc.
Let us know if you are interested and we see if there would be justification to get them started.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I’m in for something. I keep trying to find something like a bicycle handlebar holder that will work. I don’t like the square fold up style ones that look like they should be on a boat or something

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
58 Posts
We could easily make these if there is enough interest for them. They would be specific to the Evora's seat rail/center tunnel etc.
Let us know if you are interested and we see if there would be justification to get them started.
Maybe a survey to collect the interests?

I'll show you guys my design too, once I have it.

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
My first cup holder was similar to the one below. I made a simple mount for it using two split collars that fit the seat rail.

The holder bolted to the split collars which in turn clamped around the seat rail. Very easy.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Hickory, NC
1,060 Posts
Mine is 3/8 thick UHMW that wedges into the seat rail, then I’ve got a large Yeti screwed to it
Just drop in a water bottle or styrofoam. No coffee cups but hey it looks right and doesn’t bother the passengers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts