The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm going to spend a few days in LA, and would like to rent an Elise for a day. I tried searching for companies that do this (I seem to remember there were some rental Elises available in LA), but couldn't find any.

If you know, please send me a PM (or answer in the thread). Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the one from the Marina Del Rey location, currently having fun driving it around LA. It ended up being really expensive for a single-day hire, though ($300 for the car and $160 for insurance, plus various handling fees).

Going to take it to some windy roads tomorrow, any recommendations for great roads that bring out the best in the Elise? :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mulholland Hwy to The Rock Store then down to the PCH is a nice one:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=rock+store+near+malibu+ca&ie=UTF8&ll=34.1317,-118.788986&spn=0.149482,0.262642&z=12&iwloc=A

Angeles Crest is nice too:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=angeles+crest+hwy+near+glendale+ca&ie=UTF8&ll=34.334364,-118.03093&spn=0.298244,0.525284&z=11&iwloc=A

Both drives might be a little crowded if you go on the weekend. The Rock Store is an epic motorcycle hangout (sport bikes and choppers) with some nice twisties and a few movie stars thrown in. We've had some rain lately so watch out for sand in the curves, especially if you head up the Crest.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Enterprise gave my brother in law one for 150 a day... but he rents lots of trucks and such. So he gets a good price, though 300 seams a bit high.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Enterprise gave my brother in law one for 150 a day... but he rents lots of trucks and such. So he gets a good price, though 300 seams a bit high.
FWIW, some of the Enterprise Elises have been showing up at auction so their rental program may have a limited lifespan.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i understand all the enterprise elises are pretty much done. both from a program standpoint in addition to the physical state they are in.

i remember renting one from them before buying mine and boy, that thing was ridden hard and put away wet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i called enterprise and they said that they couldnt get me an exact model but they could get me a size of a car.

anyone have any idea how you guys got one.
i live in LA area.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My bro in law rented his last year... but you should be able to reserve specific cars. I expect a new customer would need to pay to reserve anything special. My in law rents all sorts of odd stuff for fun. H2, ssr, various other stuff I could care less about.

Keep in mind that each place is different, and the manager has plenty of leeway. Stay away from airport locations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts