The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be visiting Las Vegas soon, and have an '05 Elise reserved for a day. I am hoping to get some tips as to what to check that may not be obvious to make sure I don't get stuck paying for possible previous damage. I am also interested in how careful I should be around parking garage ramps with regards to scraping the bottom front part of the car.
TIA, BillH

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Make sure you look at the underside of the front clam.

Run your hand under there and you'll probably end up with a handful of fiberglass.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Be sure to take it up to Red Rock...really nice twisties. I wouldn't worry about ramp clearance, the Lotus is not that low compared to other vehicles I have driven in Vegas. Plus if you valet it, it should be no problem (since you won't be parking it yourself you don't have to worry about it). Valets in Vegas are the best and don't F up your car (and they are all free - score!).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Like Eso said..... go check out Red Rock Canyon... it rocks, literally:)

you wont want to stick around the strip, too hecktic. Go out of the area to truly enjoy the ride. If this is your first lotus experience, make sure you "understand" the rear clearance when backing up... not too much visibility.

Valet the car.

any ramp should be taken at an angle.. slowly...just good practice.

Be ready to pay for extra miles...you will definetely go over them :)

where are you renting from? Make sure you have your own insurance. (your car insurance should cover rentals of this type)

what color is it:)

Here are a few pic of the one i rented in Vegas taken in Red Rock Canyon

·
Registered
146 Posts
Like Eso said..... go check out Red Rock Canyon... it rocks, literally:)
In the right lighting, one of the most beautiful places in the West. As a part of a bachelor party, we went bouldering and hiking in Red Rock. The outing was my Vegas highlight, since gambling bores me, and the girls downtown, while hot hot hot, just left me wishing my then GF (now wife) was around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the tips

Man, I am stoked, definitely going to do Red Rock. I am renting the car from "Rent-A-Vette", and it is red. Might be the same one in the picture a couple posts up?? BTW, nice pictures. One of my reasons for renting the car is to give it an extended test drive to see if I want to try to find a used one to buy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That is exactly what i did... but just be prepared to spend some $$ when you get back home.. this car is addictive:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts