The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my car went from ice storm damage to being backed into today while visiting my parents. Tundra tow hitch (minus the hitch) doesn't get along with fiberglass. Where are some good shops in Atlanta for repairs? Magnum looks pretty good. I did a search, but i need some new and recent input.

Thanks
-Whit

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Many of us have had good luck with Autoglo, and a person or two here also hasn't.

·
Yellow Fever!
94 Posts
Magnum did an excellent job on my front clam, after a similar incident a few months ago. I had a very minor looking gash in the front clam. They've done many other Elises already, and they definitely did a beautiful job.

Unfortunately, I've just noticed an oil leak from my driver's side oil cooler, so it is very likely they incorrectly replaced/tightened the connection when they went to put everything back together. Or, not. Verdict's not out yet, but I'll can let you know. Of course, you wouldn't have to worry about them doing that to your car if your repair doesn't involve removing the oil coolers (i.e., front clam removal).

Bottom line is, I was sufficiently impressed by their work that I would take my car back to them again if I needed body work in the future. As for my oil leak, tomorrow I'll be removing the wheel and liner to see if I can determine the actual cause.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, good to know. I have twin coolers, and they will definitely have to come off. Thanks for the input, guys.

-Whit

·
Yellow Fever!
94 Posts
Whit,

BTW, luckily, the guy who backed into me had insurance. They had to pay just under $12,000 for the repair:eek:. I believe $9600 of that was just labor. Thought you'd like to know, so that whoever is paying can be sitting down when they hear the total...

Cheers,

Doug

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have seen work from some of the other body shops and you couldn't pay me to go anywhere except for autoglo. Ask for Kevin, he'll treat you well. They are honest and they do an excellent job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts