The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great timing on your post

Incredible timing! - just sat down 10 min after your post looking for info on replacing the radiator (also a proRAD from Sector 111). Just got the clam off about 30 min ago. It's a '07 Exige. I will follow your instructions and let you know!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool glad it will help someone so soon. I could never find anything with much detail to how to do it but seen many ask. So figured while I was in the process would snap some pics and do a quick write up.
Mine too is an 07 Exige

·
Registered
109 Posts
Cool glad it will help someone so soon. I could never find anything with much detail to how to do it but seen many ask. So figured while I was in the process would snap some pics and do a quick write up.
Mine too is an 07 Exige
Great write up! - Did the 12 bolts topside and calling it a night. Need to pick up a 45 deg (or 30 deg) 10 mm tomorrow. Just wondering what the 8mm bolts are for? - They're not attached to anything...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great write up! - Did the 12 bolts topside and calling it a night. Need to pick up a 45 deg (or 30 deg) 10 mm tomorrow. Just wondering what the 8mm bolts are for? - They're not attached to anything...
Thanks
The 8mm bolts on topside are attached to the condenser by bolt with a locknut. You have to push the foam down to get to the nut. Might need 2 - 8mm wrenches to get it loose.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks
The 8mm bolts on topside are attached to the condenser by bolt with a locknut. You have to push the foam down to get to the nut. Might need 2 - 8mm wrenches to get it loose.
That's what I used, one 8mm to hold the nut and another ratcheting one on top. At the time it appeared nothing was attached when I removed them, because the condenser tab below it is very thin...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I used, one 8mm to hold the nut and another ratcheting one on top. At the time it appeared nothing was attached when I removed them, because the condenser tab below it is very thin...
Yea its like you think you got everything and then the radiator won't budge. :confused: I actually did the opposite removed the bolts below and missed the 4 8mm on top. Then after that it was the foam holding it in. It seemed futile at times.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yea its like you think you got everything and then the radiator won't budge. :confused: I actually did the opposite removed the bolts below and missed the 4 8mm on top. Then after that it was the foam holding it in. It seemed futile at times.
Speaking of the foam, the radiator is out and the strip of foam at the bottom (that covers the two bolts) did not fair well in the removal process. It's in four or five pieces. Wondering if I should just tuck the pieces back in the best I can with the new radiator or do they need to be more secure, like use some type of spray adhesive? Don't know how critical the bottom piece is to have in place.

Just going through a dry run with the proRAD, looks like I might just make it over the rear bottom studs without having to slot it, but thats without the foam in place :eek:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaking of the foam, the radiator is out and the strip of foam at the bottom (that covers the two bolts) did not fair well in the removal process. It's in four or five pieces. Wondering if I should just tuck the pieces back in the best I can with the new radiator or do they need to be more secure, like use some type of spray adhesive? Don't know how critical the bottom piece is to have in place.

Just going through a dry run with the proRAD, looks like I might just make it over the rear bottom studs without having to slot it, but thats without the foam in place :eek:
Interesting, my bottom piece wasn't really stuck like the sides just free floating. It didn't' even come out. I just left it in there and slide the new radiator in place. Maybe you can stop at your local hardware or auto store and get a new piece. I would think you want it just for vibration purposes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts