The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my front speakers was blown, and i tried searching the forums to find some help replacing them, but everyone was using some adaptor for larger speakers that involved cutting some stuff up in the car and i didn't want to go through the trouble.

I took a chance and bought a pair of Infinity 4002cfx 4 inch speakers. They fit perfectly, and the connectors from the car plug right in.

It sounds louder and a lot better than before, i went to Frys and compared the sound of quite a few speakers. this one sounded almost the same as a 5 1/2 inch speaker so i recommend them.

The installation is easy, i also had a hard time finding instructions. You basically use a pin to pull the speaker grill cover right out, and take out 4 screws.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R4002CX/Infinity-Reference-X-REF-4002cfx.html?search=infinity_4002&skipvs=T

·
Registered
693 Posts
Did you use the same stock head unit? I hate the blaupunkt setup.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had replaced it with a Kenwood unit a couple of months ago. but i can't recommend it since the pandora feature it has is annoying, and freezes my navigation software "Waze" on iPhone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts